ENRICHMENT - experiencing, exploring, creating
This year, LJA students have the opportunity to participate in an enrichment class of their choice and Tuesdays and Thursdays during their midday period. Each enrichment class is fun and engaging, taught by an LJA teacher or two, and may include partnerships with community experts and organizations that come to LJA to share their knowledge and expertise with our scholars. Some enrichment activities include: Debate, Games Strategy, QnA, STEM Club, Student Council/Team Challenge, Book Buddies, Mindful Coloring, Movies, Rock Band, Yearbook, Marauders, Couch to 5k, Minecraft, #colorisbeautiful, and Magic and Movies.
TUTORING AND INTERVENTIONS
Tutoring and Interventions are offered during school on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridayss for students who need extra support in literacy and math.
Students are recommended for tutoring based on a variety of data including: past MCA performance, NWEA & FASTBRIDGE scoring, and teacher recommendation. Tutoring is free for students and is made possible through a partnership with the University of St. Catherine that provides college students as tutors for LJA students. Because of this and some volunteer tutors, students involved in tutoring get small group support on Literacy and Math skills.
Math Resources for more learning outside of the classroom--recommended by your teachers!
- The Product Game: http://illuminations.nctm.org/activitydetail.aspx?id=29
- Practice division facts: http://www.kidsnumbers.com/apple-baskets-division.php
- The Factor Game Online: http://illuminations.nctm.org/activitydetail.aspx?id=12
- Worksheets on Multiple Topics: http://www.math-drills.com/
- Logic Puzzles: http://www.puzzles.com/projects/LogicProblems.html
- Study Island: http://www.studyisland.com